ABOUT THE CITIZENS’ COMMITTEE FOR BETTER SCHOOLS
The Citizens’ Committee for Better Schools was organized to assist in school bond campaigns as well as to assist with other school related issues.
For more than a decade members have helped to promote the passing of every school bond referendum placed before them.
Their efforts have not only gotten the bonds passed for Johnston County Schools and Johnston Community College but have consistently received support from nearly 80 percent of the voting public.
In 2005 the committee helped to pass a bond referendum for $95 million, which provided:
• $85 million for JCS (77.3% said YES)
• $10 million for JCC (77.6% said YES)
In 2007 the committee helped to pass a bond referendum for $113 million, which provided:
• $99 million for JCS (78.8% said YES)
• $10 million for JCC (79.3% said YES)
• $3.65 million for JC Recreation (77.1% said YES)
In 2013 the committee needs your support to pass a bond referendum for $64 million, which will provide:
• $57 million for JCS (100% will say YES)
• $7 million for JCC (100% will say YES)
To contact the Citizens’ Committee for Better Schools call Landis Bullock at 919.965.7331